Monday, November 1, 2010

"Do You Return Your Calls Right Away?

Being organized is such a battle for me, I have put a zIllion check systems in place to make sure I don't double book myself, return calls on time and basically don't make a mess of where I'm supposed to be.

My number one concern is to return a call or email within minutes of getting them. Of course, sometimes I can't but here's why.

When I wait, I notice all sorts of little voices in my head (oh no the little voices are yelling!), telling me to avoid the person calling, they don't sound nice, they can't afford me, they are going to question my prices..." (shhhhhhh little voices!).

The quicker I return a call the less noise in my head. Plus, it's just done and not nagging me as I'm watching my umpteenth episode of the Simpsons.

And here's the really dumb secret. I return calls and emails promptly because it's polite. The voice in my head is my mother telling me to send my grandmother a letter from summer camp or a thank you for the $5 for my birthday, it's just manners.

I have booked so many jobs over the years because I was first in calling back or (this is the totally baffling one to me) the only one to return a call. That's just so odd.

I noticed a couple of years ago, there are no neat kid's entertainers.

Yes, some folks have boxes of props labeled and nice costume racks but every desk I've ever seen comes with the qualifier, "sorry about my desk, it's a mess"

There is something about the brain of a variety entertainer that seeks organization but can't quite find it. I wonder what is it about us that is such a mess?

So...what's the connection here? We are a mess. That's what makes us funny and fun to be around, chaos drives us. Folks are amazed we can make money out of mayhem.

The hard part. Rise above the chaos and return the calls, send the contract right away. The mess will be there tomorrow and the next day, the customer will find someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment