Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"The Cool Thing About Being a Clown...Welcome! Welcome!"

There aren't very many jobs where people welcome you, are nervous about you showing up, force you to eat, and have you come in through the front door.

I've been to the poorest houses. Housing projects, where people walk me to my car, military housing, bad neighborhoods, then off to mansions where you could fit my house into the foyer.

Here's the weird thing, maybe this just says a lot about me, I don't really notice all that much. I go into a mansion and sort of say to myself, this is nice and go find the kids. I walk into a very poor area and say to myself, this looks like a tough neighborhood, let's start the show.

What everyone has in common, the children, they want to see their children laugh. I was walked out of a party the other day by the father of a nice young man (5th birthday). And he was just in awe of my ability to make the kids laugh and keep their attention saying to me over and over what a gift I have. This was likely a 10 million dollar house in San Francisco. I don't know the price but I can guess something like that. I am a guy that has never owned a new car, makes minimum credit card payments and seldom eats in restaurants because it's a lot of money. And he's in awe of me????

I was thinking, this guy probably owns a huge investment company or is a plastic surgeon to the stars. I'm amazed by him.

But I do something so unique, so unusual, I can make a 5 year old laugh till they pee their pants.

And I do this black white, rich or poor. And always always, come through the front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment