Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Getting Myself Out of The Way!"

Some things have been hanging over my head.

Thank yous mostly.

I owe some thank yous to people, in a big way. I didn't deal with it at the time and then I get guiltier and guiltier and guiltier.

I am working with an old friend of mine. We "coach" each other once a week and places we want to forge ahead. She caught me in a spot I just couldn't deal with.

I owed a couple of DVDs to the guys that I hired to work on my last large video project. Basically, my DVD is great but it's not perfect. After I finished all the printing I got a small critique from a mom. It was simply the layout of the menu on the DVD was harder for the kids than the last one. A fairly easy fix.

I started making that mean. "Another sucky project..." Even though, when I take a look at the thing, it's hilarious, I can't believe I pulled it off.

So. I got myself out of the way. Talked to the two guys that helped shoot the video, had a nice little chat and sent them copies of the DVD.

I had such a weight on my shoulder from this for the last 8 months.

Since I did this, I've been cleaning, writing, working on things, getting rid of things. Organizing. It feels really clean.

So, sometimes, the only thing that stops me is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment