Saturday, April 16, 2011

"More on the Obvious"

I got a nice comment on my posting about working on the little things.

It got me thinking more....(glub glub glub my mind's percolating like a Mr. Coffee).

My favorite comparison is to a photographer. I know people look at me and often think, he's just playing, he's just having fun with the kids, that's easy. That's the double edged sword, the better you are the easier it looks.

I imagine being a photographer it must be very difficult to make people understand why you charge a lot of money.

Everyone has a camer, heck...cameras are on our phones. My mother takes pictures, my kids take pictures. You can get pictures at JC Penney of your family for $16.95 taken by teenagers.

So, I'm really fascinated by photographers because again, it's paying attention to the details. A good photographer captures an emotion in time. It's really something that you can look at a headshot of an actor or you can look at a sunset and it makes you feel something. Yet, it's nearly impossible to explain that to a customer who is saying $300? but my brother in law has a nice camera...

I want to bring the joy of being a child to children. If I could take a snapshot of a moment of my performance, I want kids laughing out loud, and me angry at an inanimate object.

It takes a lot of fine points to get more and more laughter. I'll keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment