Saturday, December 18, 2010

"Why work for agents?"

Agencies are awesome.

All I have to do, pick up the phone, mark in my calendar I'm going someplace, the information comes to me, I (hopefully) don't have to collect money, I don't pay for my own advertising or business cards it's great.

The one thing you have to make sure though, always contact the client. I always have to make sure what has been sold is actually me. I just describe what I do and double check the address and we're good to go. Sometimes the person working in an agents office thinks all clowns do the same thing. I have never face painted and I am a clown that specializes in shows. Not everyone does that.

If you don't have folks helping book you, you are missing out on lots and lots of money and fun. I can't rely completely on this source of income but it rounds things out nicely. Sometimes it pays a bit less than my direct booking. But I make way more in the off hours bookings. For instance, I rarely get called on Mother's Day for events. The events seem to be in country clubs. Certain agencies have this market tied up. So, working on that day is extra money.

Even for smaller acts like us, it's a good source of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment