Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Waiter, There's a Journalist In My Soup....Part 2

After having a journalist with me for three full days.  interviewing me.  And interviewing and interviewing.

I gained insight into who I am.  Or at least that I'm in the right line of work.  

Telling story and after story.  Telling my thoughts, my dreams, why I do what I do.  I realized most of the world does not think like me.  

Most of the time this makes me lonely.  

I truly think that what I do is the most normal thing in the world.  That auditioning for a commercial is just a normal activity for most people.  Knowing where to buy magic tricks, what's the best brand of whoopie cushion, why grease paint is better than water based make up, doing a video blog, wearing only underwear that has images of the Simpsons.

Is what everyone does.  

I think everyone wants to be famous.  I didn't know this wasn't true till yesterday.  

I also thought there was something wrong with me because I have a very hard time making a living.  Apparently, it's hard for all clowns.  There are very few people doing better than me.  Which is depressing and relieving.  

I do what I do because I have no choice.  Being a clown is the only thing I'm good at.  It's the only thing I know how to do.  

Finding that out is a relief.  

No comments:

Post a Comment