Friday, September 2, 2011

"The Power of the Clown"

You can't find anyone that doesn't have a strong feeling toward the clown. Love em or hate em, you have an opinion.

Being a clown, I'm a bit at a loss to say why someone would not find me totally adorable and hilarious. So, I speak from the inside looking out and ponder.

I think clowns are powerful. And to quote Spiderman the movie, with great power, comes responsibility.

What I love about the clown; Clowns cross cultural, educational, ethnic boundaries. When you see a clown, you expect antics, mischief and laughter.

That sort of prewritten script is strong.

And there are many many folks that approach being a clown, because they are at heart, exhibitionists. Not in the weird sexual way but I encounter a ton of people that will try to be weird around me, they will dance, blow bubbles in the middle of the street. It's odd, it's not clowning.

You can be weird with my craft and freak people out or you can take time to learn it. I can teach just about anyone to make a balloon animal, juggle three balls or do a magic trick. But that's not clowning. Have fun and take some lessons.

You have a lot of power as a clown, use it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment