Monday, July 18, 2011

"Thinking About My Next Theatre Show..."

Funny thing this year...it's wonderful and kills me at the same time.

I do a full theatrical children's show every year. I work with a theatre company that pretty much leaves me alone. They send out a press release, hand me the keys to the theatre and say good luck.

it's a cool deal. I do work through the year for them, basically, I do their video production for their plays, interview the directors, film rehearsals if they want. It's fun, I love video, so it's cool.

Basically in exchange, I get a theatre for Christmas. I try with all my might to get an audience. I'm not great at that part but you know, you can't do everything, although, I try.

Mostly I do the show because my sons love doing it with me. They do the light designs, backstage, sell tickets and run rehearsals for me.

This year my older son is going to India with a group for an educational work tour. Amazing opportunity but it's hard on me as I think of doing the show without him. He's a terribly talented young man. He understands the light boards, runs the show, it's very cool.

I'm doing the show with my younger son. Who is excited about stepping up.

We are brainstorming what to do. It's neat to have creativity all around me.

I've come to a certain realization about my show in the theatre. I haven't been doing the greatest hits for my fan club. I have been stretching myself as a performer but I'm thinking my show is sort of like going to see the Eagles and them not doing Hotel California.

I'm bringing the fun of my live anything goes shows, into the theatre. I think it's going to be pretty crazy this year and I'll get the kids howling. Something I didn't do when I was working on the theatrical side the last couple of years.

this year more whoopie cushions, more poop jokes, more things I can't to hanging from the ceiling. Maybe some chair falls (see yesterdays entry...maybe not)

Dusty and I will knock em dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment