Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Where Does the Clown Start and You Stop?"

I'm really unusual. I'm really really unusual.

Not so much what I do for a living but that I do what I do for a living and I'm married...and I have children.

It's pretty weird, hardly any children's entertainers I know have normal or traditional lives. It's pretty strange of me to actually have children.

So, I've got one foot in the normal and one foot in the absurd.

It's an uncomfortable place to be. But I've got a good hint on what it is to be a family. I've got an idea of what it's like to throw a party, take a family out to dinner, run to pick up kids after school, afford a million music lessons.

I'm more comfortable being a clown.

Being odd.

I never feel quite comfortable around people. The thing is, I'm the queen of involvement. I'm on two PTA boards. I fundraise, I volunteer, never miss a field trip the whole thing.

But I'm more comfortable being a clown.

I like being around the funny people, I like being irreverent, unpredictable, silly.

People think I wear a mask to be a clown. oh no. I wear a mask to be a regular person. I can't relate to anyone with a job, I can't figure them out, what they do all day, why they do it. I'm always at a loss in regard to that.


I'm way more comfortable being a clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment