Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I'm Motivated Again...Sort Of....

I'm going to give my love to Silly Billy right now.

I've met him twice.  I imagine he knows who I am because of the article in NY Magazine about me and he lives in NYC.

He sent an email a few days ago with a free tiny book to read.  I know it's promo and he wants us to buy his stuff but gd if he didn't hit home.

His 8 page book was about what to do in the slow times.  My work is so slow right now, I'm doing a whole lot of nothing.

It was as if he was talking to me.

-Go watch that magic DVD that's still in plastic (I have a DVD I bought 6 weeks ago sitting on my desk)

-Is your business card out of date?  Are you handwriting your new email on the back?  (My look has entirely changed, I'm still using my card from 10 or more years ago and I've changed my email)

-Is your web site out of date?  (I had a new web site done a year ago. It was never done right it's a mess.  My forms don't work, there are words on the top of my face.  I've just been living with it)

Silly Billy's email sat in my inbox for a week.  (I should read this thing...)

It has felt like my performing life is over.  It's been so slow.  I did a ton of work in December but a lot of Santas, take a look at my last blog post to see how I feel about that.

I want to do large shows for kids and their parents in a theatre setting.  I want to do a kids channel on the internet.  (So what are doing to further this?)

Not much.  Moping a lot.  That's something isn't it?

I spent most of yesterday talking to my web designer about my site and my new business cards.

Now, it's time to watch that DVD that's sitting on my desk....

It's time to read Silly Billy's book again.  (Seriously Silly.  Go buy it if you don't own it).


No comments:

Post a Comment