Thursday, March 24, 2016

You're Up. The Big Audition...

I had an audition on Monday for the TV show Sense 8.

I got the audition on a Thursday.  Told them the time was wrong because I teach my clowning class at a high school.

I used to audition a lot.  I'd move life, kids, shows, school, seeing my mother...everything to go to the audition.

this time I didn't care.  I only get one or two of these a year so the odds are really stacked against me.

Which is no excuse.

All very good stories in my brain.

I had a script to practice.  I didn't even look at it till the day before.  Then did some small memorizing, thinking who cares anyway I'm not getting this.

It turns out, it is a really good part.  the person auditioning me, said I have a really good quality for the character they are looking for.

But I was ill prepared.

I forgot my rules.  if you are going to do it. Do it well.  You are not only trying to do a good job but impress the casting person. The casting person is the one that can think of you the next time.

I did not fully memorize the script.  I was ok but so so.  I also should have broken down the script, made acting choices on each line.

Blown opportunity.  I am so mad at myself.  There is no one to blame but me.  Preparing for an audition is really good acting practice.  Even if I didn't get the part, a good opportunity to just practice the craft of acting.

oy.


No comments:

Post a Comment