Monday, December 24, 2012

Doing a Theatre Show...

Just for background, I rent a theatre and do a children's holiday show each year.

Why?

What makes me put down the deposit on the theatre are my sons.  Each year, they rehearse me, design the lights, music and have a great time being in the theatre.  It's a real strong memory for each of us.  We've been doing this for years.

A theatre is a very special place. A theatre without an audience is spiritual, you feel magic oozing from the walls.

Each year I say never again.  The stress of getting butts in seats, writing the show, publicizing, worrying I won't break even.

Each year I do it again.

I get to be the clown I want to be.

I get into lots of trouble in my life.  I say things I shouldn't, I offend people, I get kicked out of places.

In my theatre, I say whatever burbles out, I do the routines I feel like doing.

I'm thankful people come and laugh like crazy but it's a relief to just not hold back in any way.

I sold out yesterday and came close to selling out the first show.  Things look good for breaking even.  My sons are making money, I pay them before myself for all their work.  I'm helping a bunch of charities with my show.

I just get to be Boswick The Clown...

No comments:

Post a Comment