Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sick or Not. Here I Come!

Man was I sick last week.  Hacking, coughing, feverish.

The show must go on, cause, what are you going to do?  It's my job, I have to be there.  I've built a reputation, the kids really want to see me.  And the benefit of spreading my disease is very appealing.  Those little devils have been spreading all their sickness to me, my entire adult life.  This is just a little revenge.

You know, I'm kidding.  Just a little.

If you go back in my blog, I talk a lot about your go to move.  This move became more important during this time of sickness.  My go to is being frustrated with my hat, it won't stay on my head, leading to fun and mayhem.  Because I've got a couple of these go to moves, I can go near auto pilot and get laughs.

NEAR autopilot.  It's a trick for my body.  My body knows how to do hat tricks but I have to still have to time it properly and pay attention to the audience.

Since I know the routines, I know what moments will work I can find them even feeling cruddy.  Each show, I try and create on the spot.  Sometimes you just can't.

The good part, adrenaline can get you through, it can get you through a show.  Adrenaline is my best friend.

Plus I really needed the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment