Wednesday, July 4, 2012

knocking it out of the park

I am coming down from a high.  

Some of it's drugs, I've been enjoying Vicodan to offset my tooth implant surgery from two days ago.  but mostly it's just high from a great great funny show.  

Every year I do a show on the Disney Stage before the San Francisco Pops play for the 4th of July.  It's a show I've done for years, I mean like over 20 years, a long long time.  This year I just killed it.  

When I can just be a clown, I am so happy.  Tonight I had a real clown show.  I brought two kids up and it became just complete mayhem trying to keep them in control as I did my act.  It was hilarious.  It's a very complicated art to have kids out of control yet leading them to an end point, it can go very very badly.  But the risk is worth it.  

The routine is just to have the kids hand me a balloon and I'll make it into something.  I do this while balancing a ladder on my face, which is very cool of course but the lead up to that is something else.  The kids are pulling on the balloon, it's hitting me in the face, the butt, it's flying around, the kids are running after it.  

I knew I killed it when I heard the sound technicians dying laughing.  That's a rarity, those guys just stare.  

When performing goes right, there's nothing quite like it.  It's capturing smoke in a bottle.  This feeling will be gone in a short time.  The laughter I got is forgotten but just for a bit I had comedy perfection on a stage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment