Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Make a Clown’s Day!"

We’ve had painters at my house for the last 10 days or so. I haven’t come across the workers while in my make up. I was avoiding the interaction. I didn't want to be stared at.

Sometimes, I just want to be anonymous.

I was leaving the house and Blaine, the foreman on the job, said, "wow you look great!" I said, "Yup, you haven’t seen me in make up, but this is the real me, this is my job!"

Blaine said. "You know, clowning is one of the most honorable professions".

That is so cool. I was sort of avoiding clown contact with guys that work with their hands for a living, because it feels a bit awkward. When I’m around “real men” I get a deeper voice, talk about beer and burp.

But that really made my day. Made my week.

I have tons of positive energy around me but I do get the extreme negative a lot. Ewww, I don’t like clowns.

"Clowning is one of the most honorable professions."

I bring people together in laughter. I get to be around people in their happiest moments. Happy moments tend to be when a child and their parent or grandparent share a laugh. I provide laughs, I provide belly laughs.

Providing laughs is rewarding. I wish it were a bit more financially rewarding...I’m paying the painters not out of savings but borrowing against my house. That’s a pretty cruddy feeling.

....he said doing what I do is one of the most honorable professions.

Thanks, I needed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment