Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Society Of The Pink Socks...

Some years ago...

Several years ago...

Ok.  20 years ago.  I convinced a really good friend of mine of a secret society of magicians, clowns, jugglers called the Society of the Pink Socks.

He never heard of it.  But I'm a pretty convincing guy.  I also lie a lot.  For no real reason other than to lie.

A bunch of entertainers were going to a big circus fundraiser, it was for the woman that started the Pickle Family Circus who had MS.  She needed lots of money to help with her treatment.

I convinced Funnybone that he was going to be invited into this society.  I had gone to bat for him, I really wanted him in.

The deal was he had to wear a tuxedo with a pink socks. Then he would be welcomed in.

As with most of my lies, I kept it up when we talked then completely forgot about it.  To me it's like hearing or telling a joke and then saying to someone I heard a really good joke but I can't remember it.

So we go to this event and Bone was so excited...

He bought a new Tuxedo.

Convinced to Wear a Tuxedo...
uh oh.

I think he spent almost $500 on a new tuxedo.  I felt really bad.  Holy Crap, this is a gag that went too far.

At the circus fundraiser people thought it was hilarious.

Me. Not so much.

But Bone being Bone, told all the agencies that hire him  he has this new tuxedo to be a magician.  He looks great, it's a high end tuxedo he's the best looking kid's magician around.

That practical joke ended up making him thousands and thousands of dollars.

Because he called all these agents, he was on their mind as gigs came in appropriate for him.  All the gigs went to the man in the tuxedo and pink socks.

Good for you Funnybone.

Lesson being.  Get a new tuxedo and tell everyone you're available for gigs.

Have I learned my lesson?  The other day, I convinced someone I was joining the circus and leaving for a year.  For no decent reason...

So...no.


No comments:

Post a Comment