Monday, December 19, 2011

"For Raul"

I found out last night that my super fan Raul passed away.

I've visited a lot of sick kids over my career. This is my first experience and I'm sad.

I didn't know Raul, really. I have visited a special place he lives with his family, called Family House for many years. Raul and his "crazy cousins" have lived there at least 2 years.

But I think about the family.

I live near the hospital where children are in cancer treatment. So, I think about Raul and his family.

I visited the kids at Family House right before Thanksgiving and asked about him, he was getting bone marrow. So he missed my visit. I meant to send him a video greeting. Sometimes, I do that for kids.

I'm visiting the kids tonight at Family House and they told me Raul "had lost his battle" last week.

It makes me sad.

I didn't really know Raul. I know he loved me. That's pretty cool. I made him laugh. He was my fan. I'm his clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment