Monday, September 11, 2017

A Professional Clown's Thoughts on "IT"....

Just for clarification, I am only writing to get the attention of the press.  You the one reading this!


I am being asked, in my personal life my opinion of IT.  (working out at Aikido in the changing room.  At  The Speakeasy, a show I do on Thursday, Friday Saturday nights and of course Russia loving Facebook).

I couldn't give two shits about "It".

The clown is an incredibly powerful character.  The clown can make people laugh till they can hardly catch their breath.  Children love clowns.  I mean love like they want to hug you and not let go love.  Old ladies come up and hug me.  Old people love coming up to me and singing "be a clown, be a clown...all the world loves a clown..."

So of course this same power has an opposite.  The power of the clown to make people laugh and smile so broadly, also has the power to frighten.   Look at 4 kids in line waiting for Santa.  Two are jumping up and down,  2 are crying and clinging to their mom's yoga pants.

I am also a big Stephen King fan.  I've never read "IT".  But I've read about 30 of his 450 novels, novellas, and short stories.  Stephen King is a brilliant writer.  He manages to turn the things we most love to the things we fear most.

I was being interviewed by a TV producer a couple of years ago.  They wanted to do a reality show about the real lives of professional clowns.

She said, "I saw Cujo when I was a kid, but I'm not afraid of puppies"  That was perfect for me.  

It's fun to hate clowns.  I love clowns and sometimes I look at them and say, "wow, this is really odd what I do"

My bigger fear of clowns are those out there protesting.  How lame.  Have a sense of humor clowns.  But wait, if you don't have a sense of humor about being a clown, then maybe you really aren't a clown. Come on. If you can't make fun of clowns and you're a clown, then maybe you don't get what being a clown is

...oy.

Read a little Shakespeare and find out what a fool (clown) is.

I'm available for interviews any time of the day or night.

Boswick@pacbell.net


No comments:

Post a Comment