Tuesday, August 11, 2015

All The Fame You Ever Wanted...Then What?

Here's the post mortem.

I am profiled in New York Magazine.  They did a 6000 word write up, there are 5 full pages of just pictures of me.  New York Magazine is seen by half a million people plus.  The online version probably equal.

With all that, the world has given me a big shrug.

And that's hard to take.

I always thought someone would see what I do and put me on TV.  Invite me to do a show in New York or Chicago.

I'm still plugging away.  I do a lot of shows.  I've taken a job repairing iphones because I need to get rid of my debt and that's going to take years.  Each phone repair stabs me in the face.  I'm an anonymous phone technician.  A guy with funny hair and tiny tools.  (I have a tiny tool...hee hee)

I'm going to be teaching clowning at San Francisco School of the Arts.  That's nifty.  I am still working for the San Francisco Speakeasy doing my off beat Non-Magician comedy act.  Bosley The Magnificent.

But I'm whole heartedly sad.  This week marks 28 years since I started with Ringling Brothers.

Being so prominently featured...makes me sad.  It's everything I wanted.  I really thought someone would put me on TV.


Read it here!
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/05/fears-of-boswick-the-clown.html



No comments:

Post a Comment