Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bummed Out...

I was goofing around with clowns and comedians the other day.  They were tearing apart my writing style on this blog.  

I was laughing but felt pretty beat up after.  I've never wanted to be a writer but always felt I HAVE to write.  Since I was 7 years old, I knew I had no choice, I had to be a writer.  I wrote a story about my tortoise (named Frisky!  Yes, I was funny at an early age).  I wrote a 25 page story about Frisky in first grade.  I had so many people praising me, I had no choice but to become a writer.  The decision was made. 

At the same time, I felt trapped and angry about the decision.  I have very mixed feelings about writing. 

This blog has fed an internal need.  I have to write or I feel like I'm a failure.  I also want to be a hero to the world, I like being talked about...a lot. A whole lot.  

So, today I'm feeling bummed.  I've written for two years about my passion, children's entertainment.  I have friends making fun of my writing and I average 5 hits a day on this site.  

If you read my posts, just let me know, I'm curious.  If you want my help, let me know, I'd really like to give it a shot.  But today I'm bummed. 


4 comments:

  1. Well this is sad news! I think that if you need to write, then write. If people don't like your style, they needn't read it! I for one have only recently discovered your blog but appreciate your candor. Hearing about the experieneces of other clowns is very useful for someone like me. Please keep up your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks. You saved the blog!

    I don't know of any other blog trying to do what I'm doing. Yes there are others but I'm the only one I've found that has this many entries. I wanted to write for others in this business. It also makes me think a lot about my performing.

    You have no idea how you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad to hear it! I guess we're even now - you've made my day so many times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you Clown Antics? I think I've even met you. I've been shopping with you since you used to send a xerox catalogue. I'm pretty sure you watched my DVD, "here comes the clown" a few years back.

    Wow!

    ReplyDelete